The BSC Networking and Cyber Security program has been developed to provide the students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge in Networking and Cyber Security which will enable them to effectively implement demonstrate ideas in solving the complex problems of the IT industry.
The objectives of the program are:
- Imparting knowledge of networking
- Knowledge of advanced networking
- To equip students with the technical knowledge in Cyber Security and Networking.
After successful completion of this Program, Student will be able to:
- Describe the importance of data communication and Networking Concepts.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on Ethical hacking and Cyber Security.
- Ascertain the knowledge about Cyber laws, Forensics and Intellectual Property Rights.
- Network Engineer
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Penetration Tester
- Digital Forensic
- Ethical Hacker
(i) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with 5 passes; AND
(ii) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least 2 Principal passes (at least one in science subjects) obtained at the same sitting.
(iii) International students must produce the equivalency certificates from UNEB, equating their foreign qualifications as equivalent of (i) and (ii) above.
(iv) Students of HEC (Information Technology) with minimum score of class ii credit obtained from an accredited University shall also be considered after assessment of their previous awards.
(v) Diploma with minimum score of Class II Credit in a similar stream shall be considered for credit exemptions after assessment of their previous awards.m passes with 2 Years Certificate from UBTEB and 2 Years diploma from a accredited institution.